No meeting doesn’t mean no action. Please read about what we’re up to (and how you can contribute).
- Identify the new SY2011/2012 PTA president at your school. Please send their contact information to Suzanne Wells so they can be included in communications (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Hosting a screening for the movie Race to Nowhere http://www.racetonowhere.com/. Know anyone who might be interested in helping to organize? Please send Suzanne the names of parent volunteers who would be interested in helping organize the screening, including finding a location to show the film and advertising the screening
- Attend a double-feature book talk and film screening about THE POWER OF PARENT ORGANIZING FOR SCHOOL REFORM. June 28, 6-8PM @ Busboys and Poets. http://www.teachingforchange.org/events/hong_fruchter
- The Capitol Hill Fourth of July parade will take place again at Barrack’s Row. Register your school or group here: http://tiberdc.com/4thofjuly/
- There will be a Save Our Schools & National Call to Action national conference and rally in Washington, DC July 28 – 31. If you are interested in attending the conference, you can register at http://www.saveourschoolsmarch.org/event_info/conference/. Consider registering for the Save Our Schools Conference and/or hosting a family.
- Bylaws are still underway.
See you in July!