Join us! Grab a snack! Guest speakers, performers, and sponsors will round out the Lincoln Park Bike-to-School event:
- Ward 6 Councilmember Charles Allen will kick off the festivities
- The J.O. Wilson Elementary School Cheerleaders and the Tyler Elementary School Step Team will perform
- Community members and local businesses from the District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT), Metropolitan Police Department (MPD), National Park Service (NPS), The Daily Rider, and Friends of DC Dino will participate
- The Capitol Hill Community Foundation and member schools are generously supporting the event
- The Capitol Hill Public Schools Parent Organization (http://chpspo.org) is organizing the event via the efforts of participating schools (Brent ES, Capitol Hill Cluster School, Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan, J.O. Wilson ES, Maury ES, Payne ES, School Within a School at Goding, Tyler ES and more, as well as participating private and charter schools).
Register your school HERE to get free stickers from DDOT’s Safe Routes to School program. Registered schools also have the opportunity to compete for the DDOT Golden Bicycle Award. The Golden Bicycle goes to the DC school with the highest percentage of students who arrive by bicycle, scooters, or skateboards on May 6th.
Bike to School Day
Wednesday, May 6th
Lincoln Park (13th & East Capitol Streets, SE)
Bike trains to schools depart between 8:00 and 8:25 AM