Stop by the booth between 1-4PM for a mini Pop-Up Library and book swap (a small scale version of last week’s). Thanks to Barracks Row business owners (thank you Xavier Cervera), we’ll offer refreshments, too!
If you have books to donate to the pop-up library, please drop them off at 109 13th St., SE between Wednesday and Friday of this week (there will be a box under the steps) or bring them to the festival on Saturday.
What can you do to help Save School Libraries?
- Read this fact sheet –> Library Facts Handout 9-19 and reach out to the Mayor Gray, your Councilmember and Chancellor Henderson.
- Encourage local leaders to support this effort, like ANC6B’s Resolution.
- Sign the online petition (or stop by our booth on Saturday to sign the paper version).
- Tell the world you support our DC Public School Librarians. ‘Like’ CHPSPO on Facebook, follow @CHPSPO on Twitter, tweet #SaveSchoolLibraries. Keep up with updates via http://chpspo.org
- Stop by the booth to show your support, pick up or drop off a book! – Want to volunteer at the booth? Contact email@example.com.